Welcome to the Liquidware Community Site.
Current and Future Clients/Partners are Welcome.

Work from Home SpotCheck!

Our product management team just added a new Work from Home (WFH) SpotCheck in Stratusphere UX. Now it’s easier than ever to quickly check the health of your WFH desktops, no matter where they are.

Stratusphere’s distributed architecture allows you to install the “Connector ID” agent on any Windows or Linux based machine and quickly start gather User Experience metrics via your network, or in this case, the Internet. If you’ve recently started or expanded a WFH program in the wake of social distancing, and you are responsible for supporting those users, you really need to check this out.

Stratusphere can monitor the end user device (usually a PC) and/or a virtual desktop session, such as those from Citrix or Amazon.

The new SpotCheck report enables you to see at a glance the health of your users’ session with metrics that matter most to Work from Home sessions.

The report focuses on key apps or any other app that’s resources are above a certain known good threshold. You’ll know how your key apps are performing or if something else is consuming resources. Of course, Stratusphere’s recent Optimizer feature can also be used to automatically tune these resources per app, given which app is in the foreground of the user session. Optimizer can also be set to run select apps with a lower resource priority. The new SpotCheck report also focuses in on Network Latency for key apps, Remote Display Packet Loss, Traceroute Network Hops – all metrics that are key machine choke points for WFH users.

To get this report in your console simply follow the steps below.

You can easily import this into your Stratusphere UX console. See attachment.

Download this file then on your Stratusphere UX hub...

Click SpotChecks

Click Set Thresholds

Click Load/Save

Click New

Click Action Menu

Click Import/Export

Paste JSON in pink box

Click Import

Close Import/Export

Click Load/Save

Type in what you'd like to name it and the description (or use "Work from Home")

Choose to how to apply the SpotCheck (multiple okay):

"Enable" - to show this SpotCheck in the Top menu for you.

"Publish" - if others should see the SpotCheck in the public area

"Public Readable" - if others should be able to navigate to it within your personal folder of SpotChecks.

Click Save

Close the Load/Save

Close Set Thresholds

Your new SpotCheck is in the menu at the top.

Comments

• Hello jason,

First of all thanks for the dashboard!

I followed your steps but it does not work using the 'Save' command.

For me only 'Save As' works

After the import of the json I give it a name 'Work from Home' and click 'Save As'

The Spotcheck works but gives me one error.

I do not know if that is a big problem?

It would realy benifit to add more info about the network type lan/wifi signal/type/speed to the wfh dashboard.

Are these values available? In most cases this is where the bigest issues are when people work from home.

Thanks,

Edwin

• edwinthedwinth
    edited April 14

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the dashboard.

For me 'save as' is the only way to get this spotcheck saved.

It would realy benifit to add more info about the network type lan/wifi signal/type/speed to the wfh dashboard.

These values must be available I think? In most cases this is where the bigest issues are when people work from home.

Thanks, Edwin