Current and Future Clients/Partners are Welcome.
Short list of common errors you might encounters when trying to run a Power BI report using Stratusphere API.
1) API not set up correctly
Before running Power BI, you should make sure that API access is enabled. To do so, open a web browser and enter the following URL:
[Stratusphere HUB or IP]/lwl/api
If Stratusphere has enabled access to the API on this machine, you will see the following page:
Otherwise, you will see one of 2 error messages:
- Message indicating that your license is not valid. Contact your Liquidware account manager or SE.
- Message indicating that the IP associated with your machine does not have permission. Follow the step below:
1) Copy the IP address from the error message
2) Open Stratusphere web UI and log in administration
3) Go to Hub Administration>configuration>other settings
4) Paste the IP in the field named “API client Ips”
5) Click on “save Changes”
6) Verify the changes were successful by testing the URL mentioned above ([Stratusphere HUB or IP]/lwl/api)
2) Security error message when trying to refresh data in Power BI
Power BI security is preventing the query(ies) to run from an unknown source (Stratusphere).
There are ways to modify Power BI security restrictions, but the simplest approach is to upload an SSL certificate on Stratusphere :
3) Error message after data refresh about a column name not being found
Very frequent issue, especially when opening a template designed by another but not always. Power BI is particularly finnicky about column formatting being done after a query has returned data and sometimes cannot follow the steps.
To fix this issue, follow the steps below
1) In Power BI, click on the query having issue on the left side
2) On the right side, you should see a section named “applied steps” including the following:
- Promoted Headers
- Changed Type
3) Click on the left “x” mark left of those 2 steps to remove them
4) Error message should disappear and you should see the data, except the column headers are now in the first row
5) In the top ribbon, click on “use first row as headers”. This will redo the formatting and fix the error.
Currently, customer can add exclusions to VirtFsService.exe.config either by editing the local file on the client, or by editing the file inside Flexapp.zip.
Both options are not optimal, as the customer must remember editing the files every time a new profileunity version is out.
Please add a setting to the console that allows me to add exclusions.
Create rich, interactive reports with visual analytics at your fingertips or integrate our data into your existing reports (and btw...Power BI Desktop is FREE to use 😀
Learn how to connect PowerBI Desktop to your own Stratusphere UX environment. In this blog we detail the steps to connect Power BI Desktop to Stratusphere.
The "Stratusphere Base Integration Kit for ServiceNow" is available on the ServiceNow store. This application integration gives our clients the ability to use Stratusphere data in ServiceNow ITSM, CMDB and other modules with many use cases.
Review our Web Site for more Information:
Download the Solutions Brief:
ITSM Example: Help Desk Call
Contact: [email protected] for more information.
Edit First Attempt Removed
Attached is my first attempt at the new Microsoft Edge Chromium Version Ruleset. let me know if anything is missing.
How to import.
I recently encountered an issue where a new FlexApp VHD was created by FPC with the same disk signature (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record#ID) as an existing FlexApp. Both of these FlexApps were mounted in the same user session without any adverse indication to the user, presumably because the VHDs are non-bootable, read-only volumes. However, while troubleshooting an unrelated issue with the user, it was noticed that the Windows System event log was completely filled with error messages related to the duplicate disk signatures present on the system. As a result, the event log was near useless in the troubleshooting effort, not to mention the additional system I/O created.
Although this issue can be mitigated by the ProfileUnity admin, it involves maintaining a separate database of the FlexApp disk signatures as they are created by the FPC, which is information that could reasonably be incorporated into the existing MongoDB provided by ProfileUnity. The additional checks to prevent such duplicate disk signatures getting created by FPC also seem reasonably easy to implement.
I would like to be able to sort the objects in the FPC console by all of the options in the WebUI, as well as having a condensed view to get more apps on one page.
Please add the ability to schedule stored API queries and have the results sent out in the API Builder.
Please add CPU temperature and fan speed to monitor environmental and performance information of the workstations. This would also help with machine failure rates and life span.
in Portability Management, when clicking on Portability, also show which configs have it assigned. you currently have to check each config individually.